I was so excited when I saw this caramel apple card on Melanie Hockin’s blog. This is my version of her card. My Stamp Club gals will be making this card.
Start off with a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Crumb Cake card base. Run the next layer, 4″ x 5 1/4″ through your die cutting machine with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. I roughed up the edges with my scissors. The one on the left I sponged with Crumb Cake Ink, the one on the right I did not. Which do you like better?
I took a piece of Whisper White, 3″ x 4″ and stamped the Buffalo Check Background stamp. I used my Stamparatus so I could stamp it again and make the Memento Ink darker. For the mat, 3 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ of Real Red. Adhere those together and mount to your card. I did mine slightly off center.
Now the fun part. Punch two apples, one Real Red and one Soft Suede. Sponge the Real Red apple with Real Red Ink. For the Soft Suede, pencil some “caramel” drips and cut out. Then I took my Silicone Mat and the new Shimmery Crystal Effects and coated the whole “caramel” piece. This takes a while to dry. Once dry, add the stick, 1/4″ x 4″, sponge and add to back of the apple. Then add Dimensionals and adhere to your card.
Use a 1″ Circle Punch for the sentiment, and 1 1/4″ Circle Punch for the mat. Adhere together and add with a Dimensional.
The only thing my card is missing is a Linen Thread double bow.
Isn’t this a fun card. Thanks again to Melanie.
And look what is coming up for Paper Pumpkin.
The holiday season will be here before we know it. And along with putting up the Christmas tree and spending snowy nights by the fire, many of our Paper Pumpkin subscribers will be looking forward to opening their holiday kit. Christmastime paper crafting with Paper Pumpkin has become an annual tradition!
So to deliver more of what our subscribers love this holiday season, in October and November we are offering back-to-back coordinating kits, one with Christmas cards, the other with Christmas tags. Both kits make it easy for your customers to add a handmade, personal touch to their holiday giving—without a lot of fuss. It’s Christmas made easy with Paper Pumpkin!
You have until October 10th to get October’s kit. Sign up HERE!
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- Only Designer Series Papers listed below qualify for this promotion. You may mix and match papers from any of the listed papers.
- There is no limit to how many times participants can buy three packages of Designer Series Paper, and get one free during this sale.
- In the online store, if a customer orders four packages of the same qualifying Designer Series Paper, they will need to enter three together and then order the fourth free item separately.
- Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit does not qualify for this sale.
- Designer Series Paper ordered with Stampin’ Rewards does not qualify for this sale.
The Host code for September is: B3GTANUT. Please use if your order is under $150, otherwise you will get the Hostess Rewards.