Here I go again, back to the Glossy Paper and Re-inkers. Watch my video HERE. This technique just screams FALL! don’t you think? On the other cards I did, I used a big piece and and then die cut. This time I die cut the leaves from Seasonal Layers Framelits and then used the re-inkers and water to spread the ink. Before the ink dried, I laid the cut out leaf (skeleton leaf) onto the wet solid leaf and let it pick up the ink. Let it dry and then embossed the edges of the leaves with Gold Embossing Powder.
My Stamp Club Gals are going to make one of these cards next month. You don’t have to be a member to come to class. Contact me if you are interested, (firstname.lastname@example.org). I like to give my gals a choice on their layout, so they can choose which one they like and which color. This one uses Old Olive for the border on the left. I just took a sponge and starting off the paper started swirling the color across the cardstock. Then I wrapped Linen Thread around three times and tied a bow. Added my leaves with a single glue dot under the Linen Thread. The sentiment comes from the So Many Shells stamp set. It has the most beautiful sentiments and fonts.
To finish it off, I dropped water with my Aqua Painter and let it pool for a few seconds and blotted it dry. I like the spot it leaves. I did some spattering with the Gold Wink of Stella (which is retired, but in the Clearance Rack), and then a few of the Glitter Enamel Dots.For this one I used Crushed Curry and turned my card the other way and sponged like I did in the Old Olive Card.
5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock scored at 4 1/4″
3 3/4″ x 5″ Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock
Scraps of Glossy Paper for leaves
Do you want all the ribbon and embellishments in the Holiday Catalog? Well now you can have them all at a fraction of the cost. Join my 2017 Holiday Catalog Ribbon & Embellishment Share. See the video and get all the details HERE!
Paper Pumpkin is on sale:
Fine Details: Fall into Savings Promotion
- Only new month-to-month subscribers qualify for the 50% discount.
- To participate in this promotion, subscribers must join by Monday, September 10, 2017 at 11:50 PM (MT).
- The 50% discount only applies to the new subscriber’s first kit. After that, the price for each month’s kit will return to the regular price of $19.95.
- New subscribers must visit https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up?demoid=2048315 to join.
- Enter the promo code HALFOFF0917 at https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up?demoid=2048315 to subscribe.
- Your membership will continue unless you unsubscribe.
Hostess Code for August: FZWVH3SZ. Remember, only use if your order is under $150.