We had a lovely relaxing time in Scotland last week. 23 hours travel time to get there, 3 planes, security, customs, and a hour plus ride to the castle. Oh, did I mention? Our luggage went to London. Three days in the same clothes……..We were on the Isle of Harris. Most of the roads are one lane with a turn out for a car to wait for another car to pass. Oh, and they all drive really fast. This is the side view of the Castle.
Across the street. Those two guys are fly fishing.
We took a walk, down the road is where the help lives. Its all very lush and green. It was probably around 65 degrees that day.
They live in these buildings. I have to say the staff works hard and for long hours. They provided 3 meals a day, cleaned our rooms, took people out to fish, play golf, or what ever they wanted to do. All very knowledgeable about the whole island.
You might notice, no trees. Why? The island is made of peat moss, so the trees can’t root before falling over. The ground is mushy.
The sheep wonder all over, no fences. You might wonder why they are painted? Each color is specific to a farm. They aren’t afraid of the cars, but didn’t want us getting any closer than this. Most of their faces are mottled black and white, along with their legs.
The day we went into town, we visited this church.
The architecture is amazing.
One of the tombs. Not a lot of light inside.
The cemetery was sad to see how many young people were. They were hard to read, but all had how old they were when they died and how they died.
Another view from the Church.
Tomorrow I will show you a few more photos of our week.
Now I have a few reminders: (click on the highlighted words to get more info)
- Bonus Days end on August 31st, which means if you earned any of the Bonus Days Coupons, you need to use them by the 31st.
- Recruiting promotion also ends August 31st. Choose $155 worth of product from either the Annual Catalog or the Holiday Catalog, FREE shipping. Also receive a $10 coupon to use by October 31st.
- Holiday Catalog Embellishment Share. Cost: $28 plus shipping. Get a little bit of all the embellishments, plus the boxes and a couple of FREE items. Email me with your snail mail address.
- Magnolia Lane Card Class with Stamp Case. $50 RSVP with payment by 9-3-19.
- Halloween Coffin Wreath Class, $30, RSVP with payment by 9-3-19.
- SAVE THE DATE (new class)
Jingle all the Way Card Class
October 19th, 1-5pm
Laurie Bradshaw & I are hosting. Get a head start on your Christmas Cards.
You will make 20 cards, 4 each of 5 designs with envelopes. More details soon.