I really love how this card turned out. I’ve seen several takes on this technique. I LOVE the Painted Harvest Stamp Set. What better way to show it off than with the word FALL, using the Large Letter Dies. I originally did the one of the left. When Patty and I got together a while back we made this card and I totally forgot the top two layers. They both work, but really like the one of the left better.
I saw this great trick for lining up the letters on Kellie Acheson’s blog. Just take a 3/4″ piece of scrap paper, line it up with the bottom of your cardstock, and place your letters up against the scrap piece. Now your letters will all be on straight. I always do a trial run first. Add just a tiny bit of snail under each letter, just enough to hold it down while you stamp. Now stamp the sunflower. Gently lift up the letters and stamp the flower again. Don’t worry, these stamps are Photopolymer and are easy to line up. Then add dimensionals to the back of all the letters. This is where the Mini Dimensionals work great. I laid the letters down (without pressing) until I have them just right, lining up the flowers, then press.
Added the Soft Suede leaves cut from the Leaf Punch, and tucked them under the letters. I just added them with a Glue Dot and then “winked” them with Wink of Stella. I love that you can see the sparkle in my photo. I “winked” the flowers too. Cutting guide:
5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock, scored at 4 1/4″
3 3/4″ x 5″ Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock
3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ Soft Suede (Tip: you can stamp and punch your leaves from this piece and still use it for a layer on your card, you won’t see where you’ve punched).
Scraps of Very Vanilla to die cut the letters
Ask me how you can earn this Exclusive Stamp Set for FREE!
Paper Pumpkin is on sale:
Fine Details: Fall into Savings Promotion
- Only new month-to-month subscribers qualify for the 50% discount.
- To participate in this promotion, subscribers must join by Monday, September 10, 2017 at 11:50 PM (MT).
- The 50% discount only applies to the new subscriber’s first kit. After that, the price for each month’s kit will return to the regular price of $19.95.
- New subscribers must visit https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up?demoid=2048315 to join.
- Enter the promo code HALFOFF0917 at https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up?demoid=2048315 to subscribe.
- Your membership will continue unless you unsubscribe.